Monday, May 23, 2016

LaRon McKinley, 27 1/2 years in AC and counting, art work here








My name  is  LaRon McKinley Bey. I am a 60 year old prisoner,
 unmarried, and with a 42 year old daughter.  I was born and
raised in Milwaukee, I am an only son with 7 sisters and am
 fortunate to have both parents still living, and whom I love
the most in this world. I came from a very strong and loving
 family but being away from them so long has had the effect
 of losing familiarity and increasing the distance of
familial ties.


I have been isolation (solitary confinement), or Administrative
Confinement (AC), for more than 27 ½ years, and it appears,
if my warders have it their way, that there’s no end in sight.
 This type of confinement has taken a toll upon me, but
 luckily I had good health early and. So I’m not devastated
health wise at this point. I remain strong,


I’m an artist and would love to spend the vast
majority of my days drawing but being in isolation
 has suppressed my creative output artistic-wise,
and I have lost the desire to even attempt an art
project for about 5 years now, which is one of
 the symptoms of my isolative confinement.
I’m hoping to, somehow, extract myself
 from isolation and into a more hospitable
 environment where I can resume expressing
 my artistic side. I love to do portraits. That frees
 my soul.


I am heading a lawsuit challenging prolonged AC, including of the mentally ill. The suit has the
 potential of really bringing major change in Wisconsin’s practice of prolonger isolative
confinement> I invite you to follow the progress in the case PACER (public access to court 
electronic records). The case is McKinley V Pollard et al , case No. 16-CV-521.in the Eastern
District Court of Wisconsin.
 


I would love to correspond too: La Ron McKinley Bey 42642, WCI, PO Box 351, Waupun, WI 53963.
LaRon's class action complaint, submitted in May 2016
2) Due to recent court ruling, A prisoners has to have a lawyer for his/her case before submitting
the case to the court. This is nearly an impossibility for prisoners . Here despite LaRon's repeated 
attempts to find a lawyer, Classs action was denied and LaRon is proceeding with individual claims.
Above is the complaint and below is the court's denial of class action status.
 








The  bit of DOC rules below is what keeps  LaRon McKinley in AC-
27 ½ years so far..


a) “the inmate presents a substantial risk.. as evidenced by a behavior or a history of homicidal
 or other violent  behavior or HISTORY of violence -the DOC uses his crime decades ago
 to hold him
He was very angry and violent 30 years ago. He escaped and shot  a guard. Years ago,when I
asked  him about  “his Crime” he wrote:

Its not that I don’t trust to write you a bio 
about me.  Its just that I don’t like 
( not ashamed, just not  comfortable with)
my past. I am tired of being judged by it. 
Every day or every hearing I have ,
every opportunity, every reminder 
that someone in a Doc  suit acts toward
  me that I am too dangerous  to  sit
 out in a lawn chair with them or their
 family, or with  anyone, and drink
 a soda or watch a sports event.
 They are  rubbing my past in my face.
 And so I am  tired of it, tired of being
 reminded of it or thinking 
of it as I already have a trillion times
  as it is what has
 reaped me this dismal existence.   
         

My artwork shows the beauty at which my  mind’s eye gages   and judges and I want
 others to see what I see and feel  in their  subjects and judge me on that measure.
(some of his art work is at here)"
 
The prison calls LaRon a psychopath. For me, he is a dear friend and someone whose
 judgement I trust. He often sets me straight when I ask him about conditions or
 occurrences that come to me in varied versions. He did throw feces at a guard at the end
 of a time of deep paranoia. WCI is out of control in my view and horribly corrupt in my 
experience. It takes someone incredibly balanced to not act out in the mayhem. 
Since that outburst, LaRon has got into the law and has better balance.



            


 

























No comments:

Post a Comment