Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Justin Lee Douglas writes for life


Justin Lee Douglas 322852, GBCI Po Box 19033; Green Bay, WI 54307;  bd 1982, 24y.o. out date 2022

 Until recently I knew Justin Lee Douglas as a a person voracious about learning the law, very confident and aware. Then he wrote me about his health problems,  troubles with solitary and his participation in the hunger strike. I asked him to introduce himself :

My name is Justin Lee Douglas #322852 and I’m a 34 year old white male who is in prison in Green Bay Correctional Institution (GBCI).I’ve have a hernia for over 18 months and have been steadily denied adequate main medications! I’ve also been taken off all my anxiety medications and have been in segregation for 16 months and I’ already a mentally ill inmate (MH2B) and being in segregation is only making me worse! I’ll be going to NO FOOD NOT WATER hunger strike on January 8th, 2017 until I either die or I’m transferred out of GBCI! I Plead to all of you who read this to pray for me and send any cards or letters to emotionally support me in my time of need, so that I know I’m no alone  (A.K.A.the forgotten man) my ADDRESS is PO BOX 19033, Green Bay, WI 54307. Thank you very much for your support.

Latest writings and letters:
 call for awareness :https://ffupstuff.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/j-l-douglas-press-release-2-2-17.pdf
justin's january 2017 letters :https://ffupstuff.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/jl-douglas-letters-1-17.pdf

earlier Posts:
Here is his full letter  with call for support and media to  cover Green Bay Correctional Institution's(GBCI) Mistreatment of prisoners and hunger strike-https://ffupstuff.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/jd-douglas-d-dirk-hunger-strike-1-6-17.pdf

He also writes about another prisoner in trouble ,Douglas Dirk.

At the end of January I received a letter from him Marked"rather urgent". he has been places in a cell that had exposed plumbing pipes in the ceiling. As he had just recovered from an overdose and has made numerous , near fatal attempts at suicide he was alarmed that he wouldagain "lose it " and this time succeed by hanging himself. Although inmates who say they feel suicidal are supposed to be on "OBS" observation Where they are closely monitored this is not happening in most WI prisons- the prisoners are instead placed on Control status where they see no professionals and are not closely monitored. 

Here is his "quite urgent " letter:


We are trying to find a penpal for him and have asked him to write for this blog- all these are way to help him stay in the present. It is hard to imagine what it would be like to be in a cage with no physical contact or stimulus for 23 usually 24  hours a day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment